6932 Replacement Installed in Howard CountyOctober 8, 2020
A municipality in the northeast was having issues with grinder pump failures and high repair costs. The ZEP Municipal Representative in the area became aware of their issue and offered them a ZEP 6932 replacement pump to help eliminate their problems.
This installation was a duplex system in a deeper than normal basin. The ZEP 6932 was installed in 30 minutes! That included the time it took to remove the pump being replaced.
The 6932 is designed to deliver up to 240 feet of head using a 2 HP, 1750 RPM, 240-volt 1 Phase motor. It’s also available in 1 HP for up to 150 feet of head.
A new option for the 2 HP unit is a 200-volt single phase power input. This eliminates the requirement of Buck Boost Transformers to convert power, saving approximately $400 per installation.
The ZEP progressing cavity pump has many design features:
- All stainless steel piping and valves
- Allows you to see the water level and contents of the pit without removing the pump
- Rotor designed with deflector plate, pump out vanes and recess to locate the mechanical seal. Silicon Carbide/Carbon with Viton O Rings
- Integral pressure relief valve
- Oil cooled motor with finned housing to dissipate heat
- Float operated On/Off/Alarm/redundant On, 2-float design
- Floats integrally installed and factory set tethered to the pump
All the features listed above were taken into consideration by the municipality in evaluating this design. Give us a call to discuss your application at 1-800-928-7867!
For additional information about the 6932, please contact Zoeller Engineered Products or your local Municipal Rep.